Know the Safety Tips during the incoming typhoon. As expected, there are several changes on our global climate and it affects are ecosystem and geological weather. As we remember there are different categories of typhoon and before they are being categorized. It is our responsibility to know them and we must always update ourselves with these changes. There are few tips to remember when encountering such nature issue.
RSMC Tokyo’s Tropical Cyclone Intensity Scale
Category Sustained winds
- Very Strong Typhoon 85–104 knots 157–193 km/h
- Typhoon 64–84 knots 118–156 km/h
- Severe Tropical Storm 48–63 knots 89–117 km/h
- Tropical Storm 34–47 knots 62–88 km/h
Back to the massive hit of the Super Typhoon Haiyan with a category 3 to 4 last November 8, 2013. It devastated lot of lives, livestock, businesses and establishment. This kind of scenario was unpredictable.
In the Geological Weather forecast System Update of PAGASA during that time it was lately said that the Speed and Intensity of the Typhoon was about to 149-200 kph in an amount speed of 10-15kph, which were later on discovered by NASA and JAPAN Advance Weather System that the typhoon signal was about to reach its intensity level much greater and powerful as it landfall near Guian, Samar.
Weather Forecast Update
The erratic movement of the typhoon may come to several changes. It is advisable to be wiser and more aggressive in gathering information and knowledge to avoid casualties.
As updated earlier there will be a new super typhoon that will upfront the Asian Pacific Ocean to the North in which there will more areas that will experience strong winds and heavy rains.
The said typhoon was known of becoming a super typhoon as it goes around the north pacific area. It is more advisable to read more what are the different categories of typhoon and how they begin in accelerating its force and intensity.
Here are the Top 10 Best Tips to prepare for incoming typhoon and storm.
- Be Updated. Always know the weather condition ahead of time through weather forecast reports and news on radios and tv’s.
- Remember to pack the Emergency Kits. The most and first thing to prepare are the emergency kits. Save your life through this equipment and contents. It is important to prepare an emergency kit ready near the exit of your house in case of calamity. Medicines and First Aid kit are needed at most. Basic Emergency Kits are:
- Store and Supply Enough Food. During this time, it is advisable to store enough food and water to keep you and your family away from starvation. Remember, gather only enough food in which your hand may also carry when evacuation is necessary. Always prepare a ready-to-eat canned goods and noodles.
- Make a Communication Plan. Making a coverage and visible out range can prevent further calamities. Here are some important Disaster Management and Command Center that you can contact:
- DSWD: (632) 931-8101 to 07 loc. 426, (02) 951-7119
- Red Cross: 143, (02) 527-0000, (02) 527-8385 to 95
- Phivolcs: (02) 426-1468 to 79 loc. 124/125, 0905-3134077
In the Visayas, the emergency hotline numbers are as follows:
- Cebu City’s Command Control Center: 166, (032) 262-1424, 0923-524-8222, 0932-537-7770, 0947-178-0000, 0947- 178-9999
- Tacloban RDRRMC: 0915-762-2368, 0917-855-3868, 0915-184-0918
- Tacloban CDRRMC: 0917-322-9585, 0917-315-8356
- Samar PDRRMC: (055) 251-3413, 0927-337-2702
Calbayog CDRRMC: (055) 209-3993, 0917-7222689
Western Visayas RDRRMC: (033) 509-7919, 337-6671
- Obey the Evacuation Rules. Always obey the rules and regulation of the Local Governing Units and Municipal Hall to secure safety.
- Keep Close From Your Family. Never stay away from the eyes of your family members. Keep in touch as soon as possible until the warning has been lifted. Always take time to mingle and never stay alone with others and neighbors.
- Make sure to enable communication and necessary electronic devices. If it is necessary to enable the reception to connect with other people then stay it ON as much as possible.
- Turn Off the Main Fuse and Outlets inside your house. This is a reminder from electric companies to ensure safety and protection of belongings that are risk of fire. It is also advisable and protection to electrocution.
Those are our simple tips for everyone to avoid casualties and further issues. Please coordinate to the nearest LGUs and Government Sectors for Updates and Protection.
A Safety Reminder from Toptipslist and Staffs.